City Theatrical DMXcat Multi Function Test Tool
City Theatrical‘s DMXcat™ system is designed for use by the lighting professional who is involved with the planning, installation, operation, or maintenance of theatrical and studio lighting equipment. The system consists of a small hardware interface device and a suite of mobile applications. Together, they combine to bring DMX/RDM control plus several other functionalities to the user’s smartphone for use wherever and whenever they are needed. Developed with input from designers and technicians, the DMXcat will be an indispensible tool for lighting users. The DMXcat will operate with both Android and iPhones.
The DMXcat’s interface device is a compact battery powered unit which fits easily in a pocket or tool pouch or may be worn on a belt. It uses Bluetooth LE technology for communication with the smartphone/applications (up to 50’ range). Without the limitations of being physically connected, the user can move about the workspace as needed with his/her smartphone and run the various apps while still using the phone for on-the-job communication. The device’s 5 pin XLRF connector/cable asembly allows it to be connected to a point in a DMX data chain to allow testing and or control of the various DMX/RDM channel functions. It is charged using a standard USB to Micro-USB cable and charger.
Other features include a built-in LED flashlight, an audible alarm (for locating a misplaced unit), an LED Status indicator, and a removable belt clip.
Optional accessories include: XLR5M to RJ45 Adapter, XLR5M to XLR3F Adapter, XLR5M to XLR5M Turnaround, XLR5M to XLR3M Turnaround, Belt Pouch.
There are currently seven apps available or in development for use with the DMXcat system. Apps are available through Google Play (Android) or the Appstore (iPhone).
Apps Included with the Basic configuration include:
• DMX Controller : a single universe (512) DMX channel controller with two user interfaces.
• Fixture ControllerDMX : test app for multi-attribute fixtures with built in database of lighting fixtures.
• RDM Controller : App for bi-directional communication/control of RDM enabled devices.
• DMX Tester : Permits users to analyze and or adjust settings for transmitting or receiving DMX.
• RF Spectrum Analyzer (Android only) : For surveying and visualizing Wi-Fi networks.
• DIP switch calculator : This app simplifies the configuring of DIP switches used for setting DMX addresses.
• Light Meter (Android only) : Useful for setting light levels for on-camera use.
CTI Part No. 6000
Wireless communication: Bluetooth LE
Range: 50’ (15m)
Status LED indicator: Yes, multicolor
Flashlight: White LED
Charging port: Micro USB
DMX connection: 5PXLRF
Apps: 7- Android and 6- iOS
Included: DMX Controller, Fixture Controller, RF Spectrum Analyzer, DIP Switch Calculator, Light Meter (Android only) RDM Controller, DMX Tester
Construction: NEMA 1 ABS enclosure
Compliance: CE, RoHS, FCC
Weight: .3 lbs (.14 kg)
Dimensions: 1.63”(41.4mm) W x 3.75” (95.3mm) L x .94”(23.9mm) H